The Canadian Council on Ecological Areas (CCEA) is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for the 2018 Stan Rowe Home Place Graduate Award.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 31, 2018
The Award is:
- One cash award of $2,000;
- Available to Master’s students in their first two years of study and engaged in research related to CCEA’s Mission and/or Strategic Plan (please visit the CCEA website for more information); and,
- Given to projects having an emphasis on an ecosystem or landscape-based approach to selecting, establishing, or managing protected ecological areas in Canada.
In addition to the cash award, CCEA may:
- Invite the student to present their work at the CCEA Annual General Meeting;
- Promote or feature their work in the CCEA newsletter; and/or,
- Publish their work as a CCEA Occasional Paper.
Applicants should submit:
- A 1 page cover letter, outlining their research and its relationship to CCEA’s Mission and/or Strategic Plan;
- A research proposal, no more than 2,000 words (organized under four headings: Introduction, Proposed Methods, Expected Outcomes, and Literature Cited);
- A 1 page letter of reference from their supervising professor; and,
- A current resume.
Applications should be submitted by e-mail only with the subject line “Stan Rowe Award application” no later than January 31, 2018. All applications received will be acknowledged by e-mail. The successful student will be advised by April 30 2018 and their name will be posted on the CCEA website.
Applications should be submitted to:
School of Environmental Studies, University of Victoria